Tuesday, June 08, 2021

What makes you think...

 I think it is a uniquely feminine problem, exacerbated by social media and this perception that people may *always* be available, that men think they are entitled to women's time.  

What on Earth makes you think I want to be your Facebook pen-pal?!

I understand that you lonely old boomers are bored sitting on your piles of money and easily won prestige (it's a lot easier to compete when whole swaths of society are marginalized), but in what world do you think I have the time or inclination to carry on some "friendly chat" with someone I've never met!?

Fuck all of the ways off.

All of them.

This sense of entitlement, that you are entitles to the time of a woman because you find her compelling, even in a seemingly innocent way, is wholly toxic because it ignores the reality that she may have no time for you.  No interest in chatting with you.  My dear, I have enough friends.  I'm sorry your wife dies 14 years ago.  I hope you find some other poor sap to listen to your meadering stories and thinly veiled pleas for pity and attention.  I would rather work, or write, or talk to people I am actually interested in.  Or fucking sleep, frankly.  Watch TV?  Play Sudoku?  Yup.  Those all sound more fun.  Those are things I actually choose to do.

Talking to random men on the internet is not something I choose to do.  It is not my fault that toxic masculinity means you've never learned how to form emotional ties with another man and now seek out female friends to help you deal with your mountains of repressed emotions.  I am actively working to destroy the hetero-normative cis-gendered racist capitalist ableist patriarchy that made you, I do not also have time for you.  I have my own damaged men to deal with.

So please, kindly, fuck off.


No comments: